Mittwoch, 8. Oktober 2008

meeting - forced pause - maybe holiday


Yesterday we had an emergency meeting here in Frankfurt. 

Sitting 5 hours in a stinky office, to much coffee and listening to risk controllers talking about the uncertainty of these times. I don't need and adviser to know that these are unusual circumstances. 

The result of all of this: We're forced to make a break for 1-2 weeks. After that we have to use only Saxotrader instead of Timberhill TWS.  Stupid Saxotrader doesn't have an API so have to calculate my risk and my position size by foot. :(

The plus side of this trip was to meet some "coworkers" in person and having some Guinness together while talking about the global melt down and the upcoming 10 year depression.

Joshua, Andy and Floh are planing a trip to Thailand or Spain for this "not allowed to trade" week. 

I'm not sure if I should go with them or stay at home and trade my personal account. 
What are you guys doing? Sticking with your plan? Trading as if nothing happened? Same pattern, same rules as always? 

If you ask me, this market is only driven by news and I'm not a news trader. 

I shouldn't decide these stuff in a hang over, but I let you know if I'm going with the others.


5 Kommentare:

Dyronim hat gesagt…

Hi,

I stick with the plan but reduce the possible patterns to my RBC trades. I think there is no chance for trends because the hole world has problems. You can only trade ranges oder do scalping @ the moment.

Market is like a rollercoaster. Keep your arms inside our you lose it!

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi!

I see no reason to stopp my trading.
Vola must not be bad.

Dan hat gesagt…

I think it gives at the moment very big chances by the high Vola - simply wonderfull! My strategies are working very good in these times, and I have not adapted my rules.
If you have problems and you think its better not to trade, then maybe ist an good idea to have a break.So you can think better about improvements.

notebooktrader hat gesagt…

thx guys.

I think for some trading strategies this environment is perfect. Everything that is dealing with volatility has great potential.

But for my part I think I will rest for at least one week but not going on vacation.

Maybe I will do some trades for my personal account with reduced position size, we will see.

"It's the event of our lifetime"

Anonym hat gesagt…

"After that we have to use only Saxotrader instead of Timberhill TWS."

Why?

Sam