Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2008

Lets get started!!!

Why blogging?
A friend and coworker of mine, urged me to start this blog. We met each other last year on a summer camp and he is some kind of text, audio and video blogger since 2000.

I have no idea why I should blog and whats the use of it, but as I'm writing a trading journal anyway so I can do it publicly.

My Trading Style:
Since the beginning of my career I have a quite unique trading style: Trading the markets on simple chart formation no more no less. I'm not a big Fan of Vodoo trading like Fibonacci, Gann, Elliot Wave and stuff like this. More information about my strategy is coming soon...

My Tools (Toys):
My tools are even simpler. I have no need for a Bloomberg Terminal, Reuters, 5 monitors and emergency power supply. All my trading for my personal account is going through a notebook. That's where the name for this blog is coming from http://notebooktrader.blogspot.

My actual trading book is a Macbook Black 2.4 2Gig of RAM and I love it. Light weight and with 5 hours of battery I can use this book without a plug for a howl trading day.

I use Wifi whenever I can.
I have an additional Vodavone data card so I'm in the net whenever I need it.

OPEN VPN (Tunnelblick)
For securtiy I use always a VPN connection. When you are on WiFi it's essential but even in the office I use VPN because my Trading Accounts with IB are locked to a specific IP adress.

Thats the reason why I have an Austrian IP adress wherever I am.

I don't use an iPhone, I have a Sony Ericsson M600i and I'm preatty happy with it. Battery least for one trading day and I can get all the quotes and position on one screen even when I'm in the midde of something....

Software:
For trading software I use Interactive Broker as my broker and Saxobank as a backup broker.
Charting is done by whatever It's easy for me to post. Saxo, ABN, Oanda and stuff like this.
Company NDA do not allow me to publish the RemoteTradingDesk on a blog.

I'm not a geek, so I can't and won't use Linux in any way. Schluchtenscheißer, I know you love Linux, but I do not!!!

So lets see what this blogging is all about.

Feel free to coment on the posts or send me an email.

And don't forget, the best updates are those on twitter so please follow me: http://twitter.com/notebooktrader

4 Kommentare:

entershort hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
Unknown hat gesagt…

Hallo notebooktrader,

schade, daß der Laden schläft...

Anybody outthere


Buckbunny Cape Town

Anonym hat gesagt…

hey notebooktrader,
why you think you need a windows system for your trading? Many brokers already support Mac ready software...
Looking forward to get a statement on this
best regards

snobtrader

notebooktrader hat gesagt…

because my employee makes me use saxotrader again. So I always have to use RemoteDesktop/VNC to connect to the server.

But it's ok